- We provide a high quality, specialist and personalised service specific to your child’s needs.
- We offer assessment and therapy sessions at your home or at your child’s school/nursery. There is also the option of your child being seen in a clinic room if this is felt to be the most appropriate location (additional charges apply).
- We carry out a range of assessments to gain a clear understanding your child’s speech, language and/or communication difficulties. We ensure our assessments and therapy techniques are play-based for younger children so that it is as fun as possible.
- The initial assessment takes about an hour and includes us first taking a detailed case history and then carrying out assessments with your child. At the end of this assessment we will inform you of our findings. We are able to provide a summary report of our assessment findings with recommendations.
- We make a decision whether to pursue with therapy after the initial assessment. Every child’s speech, language and communication needs are unique and so, if therapy is suitable, intervention will be tailored to his/her specific requirements. Each therapy session lasts about 45-50 minutes and frequency depends on assessment findings and parental preference.
- We highly recommend that parents continue to implement the strategies learnt in therapy on a regular basis under the guidance from their Therapist.
- We always ensure we work closely with other professionals including the NHS Speech and Language Therapist where necessary and when this has been agreed by parents.
We offer the following services:
Wise Words Speech Therapy have a strong belief in early intervention and feel that this is the key to a child’s success. We therefore place a strong emphasis on Speech and Language support in the early years setting.